The City of Apple Valley uses Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to contract with DARTS to provide homemaking services, outdoor chores, and home repair services to residents who are 62 years and older and who meet income requirements for these services.
Outdoor Chore Services
- Snow shoveling
- Spring and Fall yard cleanups
- Gutter cleaning and window washing (single story homes only)
- Shrub pruning
- Weed whacking
- Garage sweeping
- Safety improvements
- Installing grab bar, handrails, show heads, etc.
- Changing door locks
- Maintaining smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Kitchen and Bath Fixes
- Caulking and minor tile repair
- Installing roll-out shelving
- Changing faucets and light fixtures
- Installing high-rise toilet
- Energy-Saving Repairs
- Installing storm doors
- Changing light bulbs to LED
- Installing weather stripping and windows
- Miscellaneous Fixes
- Hanging pictures
- Power washing and/ or repairing decks
DARTS Home Repair prices are market-competitive with sliding-scale rates. Please Note: DARTS Home Repair Services do not include those which require a licensed plumber or electrician, or those that require permitting.
- Mopping kitchen floors
- Wiping down sinks, microwave, stove top, etc. Cleaning bathrooms
- Make bed/change sheets
- Light meal preparation
DARTS Homemaking Services do not include assistance with moving in or out of a residence.