Apple Valley is a great place to start and grow your business. We offer a variety of resources and support for businesses in any stage. We are dedicated to supporting our thriving, local business community and look forward to assisting you with development, zoning, construction, renovating, special events, and more.
General business inquiries can be submitted to the Community Development Department. Other inquiries can be submitted to the appropriate department listed below.
The Building Inspections Division is responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections to ensure compliance.
- Obtain permits for demolition, building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, SAC charges, and fire-related permits
The City Clerk’s office is responsible for the administration of municipal licenses.
- Apply for peddler/solicitor licenses; massage therapist and massage business licenses; tree worker licenses; tobacco licenses; liquor, wine, and beer licenses; and more
Business development and business inquiries are handled by the Community Development department.
- Learn about the City's Economic Development and Opportunities
- Access forms and applications for licenses, signage, and more
- Apply for a special event permit, including food trucks, outdoor events, and events on the public right-of-way
- Learn about zoning and access city maps
- Learn about the City Code and enforcement
- Discover business resources and education
- Speak with an Open to Business advisor for business advice
In addition to emergency response, the Fire Department handles fire-related permits and ensures fire code compliance.
- Check compliance with the fire code, including sprinklers and alarm systems
- Obtain permits for the sale of fireworks and all fire-related permits
- Obtain an open burning permit
- Schedule a food truck inspection
- Provide contact information for ongoing inspections and emergency needs
The water, sanitary, and storm sewer systems are part of the utility infrastructure that makes up the underlying foundation of our city. The Utilities Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of these systems.