Summer is always a busy time of year with home projects, lawn maintenance, summer activities, sports, and vacations. Here are a few helpful ordinances to remember over the summer months:
- Yard waste can be properly disposed of at a number of locations county-wide. A list of sites is available at the Dakota County website. Collection can also be arranged through your trash hauler.
- Lawns may not exceed 8” in height.
- Eliminate and control noxious weeds on your property. Though many find dandelions to be undesirable, they are not a weed by ordinance. More information on noxious weeds can be found at the link below.
- Summer watering restrictions began on May 1st, which prohibit lawn watering between 11 AM and 6 PM thru September 30th. Watering new sod or seeded areas and hand-watering are not included in this ban.
- When installing landscaping at your property remember to avoid blocking sightlines near intersections and keep all materials and equipment off the street and out of boulevard areas.
- Keep right of way areas free of obstructions such as vehicles parked across sidewalks. Items may not be left at the curb other than for collection on designated trash collection days. Bagsters including those filled with debris and discarded items may not be left out on lawns, driveways, or boulevard areas.
- Ensure address numbers are provided on your home and are visible to the street for identification by emergency responders.
Thanks for doing your part to keep Apple Valley a safe and attractive place to live work and recreate this summer! With questions or concerns on any of the topics noted above please contact Code Enforcement by phone at 952.953.2570; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.