Public nuisances are conditions have detrimental effects on the general health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Efforts should be taken to prevent the creation of public nuisances on private property. Once a nuisance condition has arisen steps must be taken to eliminate such condition in a timely manner.
The following property maintenance conditions among others are considered public nuisances in Apple Valley:
- Outdoor storage of machinery, household appliances or furniture, or other material.
- Waste water cast upon or permitted to flow upon streets or other public properties.
- Noxious weeds (See link below) as identified specifically by state statutes and by city ordinances.
- Trees, hedges, billboards or other obstructions affecting view at an intersection.
- Tree limbs and wires hanging too low above public streets (13 ft) and sidewalks (10 ft).
- Refuse accumulation including yard and animal waste.
- Grass and rank vegetation over 8” in height.
- Exposed accumulation of rotting food.
- All pools or ponds of stagnant water.
- Obstructions of public right of ways.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding public nuisances, or to report a public nuisance in your neighborhood contact Code Enforcement by phone at 952.953.2570, or by email at email@example.com.