Outdoor storage and accumulation of materials, equipment, and other miscellaneous items on private property is undesirable for a number of reasons. In addition to being undesirable such conditions are not consistent with City ordinance requirements.
Outdoor storage and accumulation of materials and equipment can detract from the visual appearance of properties in neighborhoods. Accumulation of materials and equipment can pose a fire hazard and can attract many types of common rodents and other pests. Items such as car parts, household furniture or appliances, wood and other construction material, equipment or debris is not allowed.
Remedies may consist of the following:
- Timely and compliant disposal of materials and items for disposal (Disposal Information); or
- Appropriate indoor or off-site storage for stored items; or
- Compliant visual screening for items stored outdoors (see link visual resource below):
- An attractive solid fence or wall or landscaping or earth berm.
- Where landscaping, such as a hedge, is used, the landscape feature shall provide a year-round solid screen.
- Natural features, such as differences in elevation, tree masses or similar natural features.
With questions, concerns or to report conditions of concern in your area please contact Apple Valley Code Enforcement by phone at 952.953.2570; or by email at email@example.com.